Screw conveyors are a useful and pretty simple material handling tool for transporting bulk materials to a uniform or sloppy plane.
One of their primary jobs is breaking any chunks in the material. They are used to convey various types of material. Be it dry, coarse, sluggish, thick, liquid, a screw conveyor can deal with them without a glitch.
The materials are moved in a set quantity from the entrance till its way out. At the inlet, materials are organized based on the size and strength of the conveyor.
The screw conveyors are useful in various applications due to its effective working methodology and excellent outcomes. Some of them are:
Screw conveyors are most popular in the bulk material handling industry to shift bulk materials between different points at a controlled and even rate.
In several manufacturing industries, ordinary filters, jet pulse filters, or dust collectors are used to gather the dust from production chains. Here, screw conveyors play an essential role in removing the accumulated dirt.
In some of the major industries, screw conveyors are used for processes like feeding, mixing, batching, and grinding.
Screw conveyors are used in the agriculture industry in the form of agricultural tools like threshers and balers.
Other applications of screw conveyors, according to multiple industries, is as follows:
- Chemical Processing
- Mining and Mineral Operations
- Power Plants
- Wastewater Facilities
- Food Industry Equipment
- Grain Handling
- Cement Mixers
- Iron and Steel Factories
- Paper Industry
How does it work?
- A screw conveyor is a helical screw-shaped blade mounted on a shaft. Their function is identical to that of screws.
- It is connected around with a tube or U shaped trough that acts as the conveying surface. Sometimes, this trough is guarded by a cover to ensure the process is cleaner.
- The conveyor is provided with a feeder device at one end from where the materials are put in. When a drive motor attached to the conveyor is run, this assembly starts rotating.
- The supplies are then added at the feed end of the device, from where they begin moving forward with each spin and can be taken out at the release end.
Parts used in Screw Conveyors:
- Conveyor Screw
- Job Rated Components
- Jig Drilled Couplings
- Tem U-lac Self-locking Coupling Bolts
- Hanger & Bearings
- Trough Ends
- Troughs, Covers, Clamps & Shrouds
- End Flange
- Discharge Spouts
- Supporting Feet & Saddles
The conveyor screw is an essential part of screw conveyors. It provides motion to the material while revolving inside the trough. It can be helicoid, sectional, or any other unique design as per the requirements of our work.
Coupling is provided to connect the shaft with the motor. It transmits rotation and energy to the screw conveyors. They maintain their position with the help of self-locking Tem-U-Lac bolts.
Bearings are fitted at both ends of the conveyor. For the shafts are usually long, hanger bearings are also provided to maintain alignment of the shaft and support it while rotating.
The entire screw conveyor unit is backed by the trough ends and by either feet or saddles at intermediate positions.
Troughs and covers enclose the material and the rotating shaft entirely. There are a variety of troughs available: U-trough, Flared trough, Tubular trough, Rectangular trough. According to the trough, covers are chosen to guard it.
Trough ends support the conveyor drive and end shafts from any tolerances.
Inlet and Discharge spouts may be fitted with either end of the conveyor. Inlet spout entrance while the discharge spout is the exit gate of the materials. In some of the conveyors, more than one inlet or discharge spouts with curve slides are present to feed and distribute materials.
|Length||As per Client’s Requirement/Applications|
|Capacity||Up to 300 TPH|
|MOC||MS/SS as per Client’s Requirement/Application|
Advantages of Screw Conveyors
- Efficiently conveys free-flowing and non-free-flowing bulk materials
- Can have multiple inlets and discharge points
- Can be used for mixing various products and for breaking up big lumps
- Suitable for horizontal and vertical conveying due to their flexibility
- Fully enclosed while the ongoing process which maintains cleanliness
- Can handle very high temperature
- Simple design and noiseless operation
- Low-wear construction with a long service life
- Takes up a little working space
- Very compact and adjustable to congested locations
- Can be easily moved to different areas
- Carefree maintenance
- Easy to clean
Types of Screw Conveyors
There are several types of screw conveyors generally used in industries. They are as follows:
- Horizontal Screw Conveyors
- Inclined Screw Conveyors
- Vertical Screw Conveyors
- Shaftless Screw Conveyors
- Live Bottom Conveyor
Available configurations at TRIMECH ENGINEERS PVT. LTD. are as follows:
- Horizontal Conveyor
- Inclined Screw Conveyors
- Live Bottom Conveyors
- For years, TRIMECH is a prominent name in the designing and manufacturing of top-notch quality Screw Conveyors.
- The manufacturing process of screw conveyors at TRIMECH always follows CEMA Standards for any size constraint and material.
- We have a variety of flight configurations to meet our customer’s personalized requirements. All the abrasive or corrosive properties of the materials are considered when choosing flight material. If required, we even apply specialized coatings or weld on hard facing to improve the screw stability.
- We consider all the specific design parameters during the designing process. Our excellent quality screw conveyors have capacity up to 150 TPH.
- Our extensive distribution channel and leading-edge facilities have brought us to firm ground in the market. Moreover, our skilled and experienced team has worked as a catalyst during the journey.
After Sales Service
- Our foremost priority has always been our customer’s happiness, and we always go that extra mile to deliver it. We recognize your needs and attempt to meet and exceed your expectations.
- We provide continual customer support even after the delivery, installment, and commission of the system.
- We acknowledge our customer’s work importance, and thus our service engineer reaches the site within 48 hours from the client’s intimation to resolve any query and keep your operations running.
- We are also providing free pre-installation services to the client before our system installation.
- At the time of installation or after successful commissioning, we provide the Operation and Maintenance Manual for a better understanding of the working/maintenance of our system.
- Our experts provide a high level of user training and maintenance advice to assure that your systems run smoothly with the least interruption and downtime.
- Our products come with a warranty that ensures a free replacement or repairing the system if you face any problem.