- October 29, 2020
- Category: Bucket Elevator
Many industries nowadays make use of bucket elevators to make processes easier. They are so versatile that you can use them for a batch process, small scale, or at a mini-scale level. Also, they are equally effective when it comes to handling materials. Anything excellent does have a drawback too. Similarly, bucket elevators are versatile and efficient but they also have some limitations. There are many problems that they may sort it out but there are a few that they can’t. They meet your needs on a day-to-day basis but there is something that is out of its reach. Let’s see some advantages and limitations of the bucket elevator.
- It makes use of energy effectively for material transport rather than air as in the pneumatic system.
- They are compact hence they use less ground space.
- You can avail them for handling different capacity of materials.
- They can handle various types of materials and it behaves gently with it.
- It can handle materials at low temperatures and can manage free-flowing material too.
- One of the main advantages is that it can move materials vertically upwards unlike belt conveyors.
Bucket elevators are extensively used in industries and it has made its place there. However, it also has some limitations that you may check it out here.
- The installation cost is on the higher side as compared to other conveyors.
- You need to look at the maintenance measures continuously.
- You may have to deal with a problem if you miss out on maintenance.
- One may want to keep a close eye on maintenance but it is equally tedious.
- In a bucket elevator system, if one bucket fails then you may find troubles handling other buckets too.
- Bucket elevators cannot handle fibrous material type. The reason is that they do not easily occupy the bucket space and their nature leads to wear and tear easily.
These are general advantages and limitations of the bucket elevator. When you want to choose a bucket elevator for your industry, you must put forward all the criteria. When you choose a quality bucket elevator for material handling, you automatically have an efficient and reliable material handling system. Speak to our team members and let us know your requirement. We shall provide you with a suitable option that can fit your space and shape.