- March 16, 2022
- Category: Dust Collector
Industrial dust collectors are always a priority for most industry owners. Its main purpose is to avoid the accumulation of dirt/dust particles and other particles. Over the years, many industry owners have known the importance of dust collectors. However, we feel that the basic workings of dust collectors should be known. We are here with this article to help you understand some of the basics about dust collectors.
What is a dust collection system?
It is a system that removes particles of dust or dirt with efficiency from premises or workshops or industrial areas. Airtight filters present in dust collectors expel air with enough force to clean the air. The clean air is then thrown out or re-circulated as per the emission standard.
More people are now aware of the importance of a dust collector to prevent the mixing of particulates and unwanted gases. However, manufacturers of dust collectors must keep in mind the guidelines and regulations laid down by the government.
How does a dust collector work?
The dust collector is a simple design that attracts harmful agents and keeps the environment clean. There are a few basic components that go into building a dust collector. There are different types of dust collectors available. The industry owner must make a careful choice to see which one is best suited for them. Let us see how different components contribute to the function of dust collector.
- Ductwork: This may sound very simple to fit into the construction but it is of great importance in the making. A pipe goes to make the dust collector. The size of the pipe will depend on various factors such as the size of the equipment, air requirement, type of particles, number of machines etc.
- Blower: The blower has an important role. There are many factors to consider when choosing a blower capacity. The first one to look at is the amount of air that needs to be taken out. Another important factor to consider is the level of static pressure. Apart from these two, other factors are temperature, humidity level and substances in the air.
Understand that blowers are an integral and important part of the dust collector. Those particles draw the air in and it is sent to the filter to perform the necessary cleaning.
- Dust Filters: They take care of cleaning the particulate air. The air drawn in by the blower is then cleaned with the help of a dust filter. The air-to-cloth ratio is the amount of air that will pass through the filter per square foot. If this ratio is less then the efficiency is high.
- Dust Filter Cleaning System: Filters can become clogged over time and need to be cleaned. If someone wants to clean the filter, he may have to stop his work. This is practically not possible. However, nowadays the dust collector comes with a static pressure alarm which notifies when there is pressure instability. This variation in differential pressure informs and helps keep the filter cleaning system efficient.
- Receptacles: The particles removed from the air then settle on the filter. The design of the container will depend on the type of particle to be filtered.
As a buyer of a dust collector, there are a few factors to consider. One can be attracted towards affordable dust collectors, but it is always beneficial to choose one from a dust collector to speak about. Workers’ safety and pollution prevention are two things that everyone should consider.