Drag Chain Conveyor
Conveyors are one of the most widely held material handling systems. They use mechanized movement to transport material from its inlet to its discharge end through belts, chains, augers, buckets, etc. Drag Chain Conveyor Systems is also a well-established name in the list of conveyors.
- It is a connected chain device used for stimulating and moving bulk material comfortably from inlet point to discharge point.
- Drag chain conveyors, Scraper chain conveyors, Paddle chain conveyors, or En-Masse chain conveyors all possess a continuous chain to move solid material in a trough. Although each one of them has the same purpose of carrying the material, their functionality varies.
- Drag conveyors are preferred for moving materials like powder, granules, cement clinker, ash, sawdust of the mining and chemical industries, moist sludges, pellets, etc.
Drag chain conveyors are perfect for carrying dry, cold, highly abrasive, or hot materials. They have multiple applications diverging from industry to industry. Some of them are:
- Drag chain conveyors are generally used to transport coal, wood, pellets, sludge in power plants, paper mills, and waste management facilities.
- They can safely transmit food materials like dry powders & granules, coffee, pet food, fish food, recycled products, tea, grains, snacks, etc. in the Food Industries.
- They can also handle Latex, PET, plastics, recycled plastics supplies, etc. in the Plastic & Rubber Industry.
In Timber Industries, they are used to carry sawdust, wood chips, wood pellets, etc.
- They are also used in conveying bottle caps, buttons, detergent, dust, soluble corn fiber, wax flakes, etc.
The technical features/parts for Drag Chain Conveyor vary according to their types. The following are the parts of the Tubular Drag Chain Conveyor. It is a fully enclosed chain system for carrying the products.
- Drive Unit Assembly
- Intermediate Casing
- Take-Up Unit Assembly
- Chain Link Assembly
- Chain Drive Unit Arrangement
How does it work?
- The principle operation of a Drag Conveyor is based on material transportation. It consists of a single or double-stranded continuous chain which is powered by a motor for pulling the material at the bottom of the conveyor.
- It also has a flight assembly attached on both sides of the chain drawn on the bottom of an enclosed housing or trough to allow material to be pulled to the outlet.
- The material is transmitted by the motion given on the bottom surface of the trough by the chain and the shear friction between the particles of the material that is transferred.
- The flights (aka paddles or scrapers) are placed at separate points, and the gaps between each paddle are sufficiently broad for providing more than one inlet.
Advantages of Drag Chain Conveyors
The following are the advantages of Drag Chain Conveyors.
- Simple Design
- Low installation cost
- Low operational cost
- High transport capacity
- Fit for managing dry, free-flowing material
- Requires lesser energy
- Enclosed housing, intrinsically safe
- High reliability of operation
- Very economical
- Suitable for transportation at steep places
- A drive sprocket involves the chain-and-disc assembly at the turn of the conveying line’s end. It is powered by a shaft-mounted motor that is usually fitted with a variable-speed drive. The drive sprocket and motor form the drive assembly.
- At the end of the conveyor’s return line, an idler assembly is present. It consists of a housing enclosing an idler sprocket or other rotating mechanism and, in some cases, a chain-tensioning device. A conveyor with a complex loop arrangement can have several 90-degree turn assemblies (also called turn stations) and less-than-90-degree elbows, which allow the chain to turn and bend with minimal friction.
The Tubular Drag Chain Conveyor comprises a tubular housing/casing enclosing the chain and disc assembly (a continuous chain mounted with solid circular discs (or flights)). The housing includes straight and curved sections built of carbon steel or stainless steel pipe. It forms conveying and return lines that can be arranged in multiple forms, including complex loops with several turns to suit the application plan.
The conveyed material falls out of the conveyor by gravity. As the drive assembly turns, the chain moves to the return line through the housing around the drive assembly with the help of the idler and other turn assemblies. The powered or idler turn assemblies assist the chain movement through the bends, which reduces frictional drag and the conveyor’s power consumption.
The conveyor can have one or multiple inlets and outlets. If only one inlet is present, it is located near the idler assembly. If more than one are present, the additional inlets can be placed along the conveying line. Similarly, when the conveyor has a single outlet, it is present at the drive assembly. In contrast, if more than one outlet is present, the additional outlets can be found at the conveying line before this point.
|Width||As per Clients Requirements/Application|
|Length||As per Clients Requirements/Application|
|Capacity||Up to 200 TPH|
|MOC||MS/SS as per Client’s Requirements/Application|
Types of Drag Chain Conveyors
There are several types of Drag Chain Conveyors commonly used in industries. They are as follows:
- Scraper Type Chain Conveyor
- Apron Chain Conveyor
Available configurations at TRIMECH ENGINEERS PVT. LTD. are as follows:
- Scraper Type Chain Conveyor
- Apron Chain Conveyor
- For years, TRIMECH is a prominent name in the designing and manufacturing of top-notch quality Drag Chain Conveyors.
- Our Drag Chain Conveyors dominate share in multiple industries such as steel, cement, coal, fertilizers, metals & mining, chemicals, food grains, infrastructure, and port trusts.
- We examine all the explicit design parameters during the designing process and ensure that we fit all the industry standards.
- We consider all the specific design parameters during the designing process. Our excellent quality Drag Chain Conveyors have capacity up to 200 TPH.
- The manufacturing process of our Drag Chain Conveyors is carried out with our latest technology and under the guidance of our expert engineers and designers who possess extensive experience in the field.
- Our vast experience plays a significant role in the quality and efficiency of our systems.
After Sales Service
- After-sales service is essential in any product selling to take care of your valued customers, and we know it very well. Your feedback is always our top priority.
- We provide continual customer support even after the delivery, installment, and commission of the system.
- We acknowledge our customer’s work importance, and thus our service engineer reaches the site within 48 hours from the client’s intimation to resolve any query and keep your operations running.
- We are providing free pre-installation services to the client before our system installation.
- At the time of installation or after successful commissioning, we provide the Operation and Maintenance Manual for a better understanding of the working/maintenance of our system.
- Our experts provide a high level of user training and maintenance advice to assure that your systems run smoothly with the least interruption and downtime.
- Our products come with a warranty that ensures a free replacement or repairing the system if you face any problem.
Would you like to speak to one of our Sales Executive over the phone? Just submit your details and we’ll be in touch shortly. You can also email us if you would prefer.